Here at Strathmore Hotels we want your stay to be as easy and as stress-free as possible, that’s why we have collated the below list of frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you are looking for then don’t worry simply email us through the contact form or call on 01397 702241.
- What time is check-in and check-out? Check in is from 3pm and Check out is by 11am.
- Can we have a late check-out? Yes we offer a late check out until 1pm for only £30 extra.
- Can we check-in early? Yes we offer an early check-in at 1pm for only £30 extra.
- Do you have ground floor bedrooms? Unfortunately we do not.
- Does your hotel have a lift? Yes we do to all floors.
- Do you have wheelchair access? Yes we do.
- Do you have bedrooms with walk-in showers? Yes however we only have a limited amount of rooms with these facilities.
- How do i cancel my booking? If your booked direct with us, please call 01397 702241 or email email@example.com. If you booked via a travel agent or other online booking site please contact them to cancel.
- What is your child policy? We have ideal family rooms available for 3 people and also some double and twin rooms that can take a cot for young children or perhaps a small extra bed with prior notification. Children sharing a room with two adults: 0-4 years of age = 50% of adult price 5-13 years of age = half price. If you wish to travel with a child and take advantage of these rates then please call us on 01397 702241 to check availability and to book or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is there WiFi available in the bedrooms? If you book a superior/suite room or have booked direct premium wifi is included. If you have booked a Classic Room via an agent then WiFi will be charged at £5 per day.
- Do you offer 24-hour room service? Yes, during kitchen hours our menu is available however when closed we do not.
- What time is breakfast served at? Monday – Sunday 7.30am till 9.30am.
- Does your rooms have ironing facilities? Yes we do, they are available on request.
- Do you have laundry services? No unfortunately not however please ask our reception staff and they will be able to provide you with information on a local laundrette which can assist.
- Are dogs welcome, if so what is your dog policy? Is there a dog limit? Unfortunately, dogs (all pets) are no longer allowed within our hotel. Service animals are exempt.
- Are children allowed in the restaurant? Yes.
- What are the opening times of the bar? Sun from 11am till 23.45pm, Mon-Thu from 11am till 12am, Fri-Sat from 11am till 1am.
- What are the opening times of the restaurant? Linnhe Restaurant is open from 6.30pm till 8.30pm and The Bistro open from October-April 12pm till 2pm and 5pm till 9pm, April-October 12pm till 10pm.
- Are there hairdryers in the bedrooms? Yes.
- Is there a local taxi service? Yes, please ask reception.
- We are celebrating a special occasion, what can you do for us? If you are celebrating a special occasion take a look at our accommodation extras on the following link https://strathmorehotels-thealexandra.com/accommodation/
- Is there live entertainment? Yes, we provide live entertainment throughout our peak seasons. This changes on a week to week basis. If you’d like to find out more please give us a call or an email.
- What are the breakfast and dinner times if going on the Jacobite Train? Breakfast is served from 7.30am to 9.30am and dinner in the main restaurant is served until 8.45pm or until 10pm in the Bistro. Please not the Jacobite does not run during the winter months.
- Is there a drying room? No, unfortunately there is not a drying room.
- Does any of your rooms take extra beds? No.
- Do you provide cots? Yes we do, however please be sure to inform our staff before arrival of this requirement.
- Do you have any suites? No unfortunately not however we do have newly refurbished superior rooms available for an added charge.
- Do you have currency exchange services? No.
- Is there there 24 hour reception? Our reception area is manned from 7.30am till 11pm, out with these hours there is a night porter who can help with any questions you may have.
- Do you offer car parking and is it free? Yes.
- Are you required to book car parking? No booking required but do let us know if you plan to arrive early and leave your car.
- Do you have disabled parking? Disabled bays are available near the hotel entrance. Subject to availability.
- Is there a rechargeable point for electric cars? Unfortunately not, however this may be something we look into in the future.